Applications Support Engineer (Dublin)
Learnosity’s mission is to make a difference to education, worldwide, through technology. We are geeks at heart and we like what we do. We’re looking for like-minded and talented people to join our growing teams.
At Learnosity we build powerful interactive assessment tools that improve how students learn. We believe that education is the most important investment we can make in our future and aim to empower all educational companies with our interactive assessment toolkit.
We’ve grown steadily for 8 years and are now looking for a talented and passionate application support engineer to join us in our Dublin city-centre office. You will be joining a team of ten to help provide first-class technical support to our clients around the world.
Who are we?
With offices in Dublin, Sydney, New York and Los Angeles we’re well on our way to becoming a global company, yet are still small enough for you to take ownership of your domain and contribute directly to the bottom line.
What’s the Role?
A great opportunity exists for a highly organized application support engineer, with a heavy focus on web technologies. You’ll be closely involved with triaging incoming support requests from our worldwide client base and liaising with our product engineering team based in Sydney.
If successful you will:
- work with, learn from, and contribute to an incredibly strong set of teams
- confidently provide technical advice and recommendations to colleagues and clients
You will be:
- a team player who likes to get involved with new challenges
- passionate about technology and keen to continue learning
- diligent and detail oriented
Who we want:
You will need:
- excellent communication skills, to interface with both tech and non-tech audiences
- a strong understanding of front-end technologies. (This role does not require working with our server stack or supporting employee hardware/software.)
- 1+ years experience working in a technical role
- fluent written & spoken English
It would be great if you have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 1+ years experience as a front-end developer
- technical writing experience
- Some experience in Python, Java, or C#. (This is not required, but is a bonus.)
Working with us:
Being part of the Learnosity team is a commitment to push yourself and those around you to do better, constantly adapt and learn new technologies, and be able to apply yourself to any challenge, whether you’re just starting out or a veteran of the industry.
We encourage staff to get involved in individual advancement and professional certification programmes and will sponsor certification exams where appropriate. Our team is on the cutting edge of web development and we want it to stay there.
City centre location, our office is in Smithfield Square with the Luas and Dublin City Bikes right on our doorstep.
We are keen to try and maximise the value of your time and will design a schedule around your preferred working style, whether you need to accommodate a school or nursery run, avoid busy commute periods, a gym or sports club schedule, we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company.
Come help us expand our ever-growing team and have the chance to see your work used by (literally) millions of users.
Please apply with a cover letter explaining why you’ll be great, and your resume
(PDF or Google docs only) here – no agencies.