Front End Engineer
At Learnosity, we transform learning worldwide through technology. We are geeks at heart and we love what we do. We’re looking for like-minded and talented people to join our growing team.
We build powerful interactive assessment tools that make a positive difference to how students learn. We believe education is the most important investment we can make in our future and aim to empower all educational companies with our interactive assessment toolkit. Learnosity has been growing steadily for eight years and we are searching for the next engineers to play a key role in our team.
Front end engineering is a core discipline in Learnosity. We take great pride in our work. You’ll own key technical improvements and enhancements to products that deliver tens of millions of tests every month. Your team will include other front end engineers, quality assurance engineers, product designers and technical analysts.
If successful you will:
- work with, learn from, and contribute to an incredibly strong development team
- build efficient and reusable front end abstractions and systems
- create robust cloud based systems used by millions of users globally
- Implement the features and UI tools that give users a great learning experience
- participate in design, speccing and code reviews
- experiment with cutting edge technologies and contribute to the company’s product roadmap
- leverage and improve our backend systems
You will be:
- a team player who likes to get involved with new challenges
- passionate about technology & keen to continue learning
You will need:
- a positive attitude and willingness to tackle any problem
- great knowledge of design patterns and front end architecture best practices
- ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components, including appropriate testing
- minimum 3 years experience building rich web applications, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- fluent written & spoken English
It would be great if you have:
- B.Sc or M.Sc degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- experience with React/Redux and/or Backbone
- contributed to open source projects
- experience working in an Agile environment
- experience with Git, Mercurial or SVN
Working with us
Being part of the Learnosity team is a commitment to push yourself and those around you to do better, constantly adapt and learn new technologies, and be able to apply yourself to any challenge, whether you’re just starting out or a veteran of the industry.
Learnosity is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals. We believe a diverse workforce will enhance our ability to fulfill our mission of advancing education and technology enhancements.
We encourage staff to get involved in individual advancement and professional certification programmes, and will sponsor certification exams where appropriate. Our team is on the cutting edge of web development and we want it to stay there.
We are keen to try and maximise the value of your time and will design a schedule around your preferred working style, whether you need to accommodate a school or nursery run, avoid busy commute periods, or a gym or sports club schedule, we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
This is a full-time role where you’ll be working with a diverse team in a great office based in Sydney’s CBD.
Apply here – no agencies please.