Director of Marketing (Sydney)
Learnosity’s mission is to make a difference to education, worldwide, through technology. We are geeks at heart and we like what we do. We’re looking for like-minded and talented people to join our growing teams.
At Learnosity we build tools for developers and content creators to help build interactive assessment products that make a positive difference to how students learn. We believe that education is the most important investment we can make in our future and aim to empower all educational companies with our interactive assessment platform. We have been growing steadily for 10 years and we are searching for a talented and passionate product marketer to join our leadership team and pioneer the future of B2B marketing at Learnosity.
Reporting directly to the CEO, this is a cross-functional and pivotal role critical to the successful growth of the organization. Your primary responsibility will be to define the marketing strategy and determine the optimum position for Learnosity in each of our markets; clearly articulating a highly complex and technical product to a group of very diverse, frequently non-technical decision makers.
What’s the Role?
As Director of Marketing at Learnosity, you will:
- Be responsible for initiating and executing efforts to improve how we communicate our value proposition to a diverse range of B2B markets and personas;
- Collaborate with the product leadership team to decide what we build and how we go to market with new products;
- Be the consistent voice of the customer as we make the transition from a “technology-led” to “growth-led” company mindset;
- Lead market research; be the expert on our target audience and competition: know what buyers care about, how they buy and their buying criteria;
- Integrate KPIs that enable leadership to make critical and timely decisions for marketing investments;
- Develop and mentor a world-class, global marketing team to accelerate growth of the company;
- Run company events; notably our biennial user conference in the USA.
We want you to have:
- Proven expertise in Product Marketing of complex B2B products or services with a track record of partnering with product management to contribute to product strategy;
- 4+ years of professional experience in a senior marketing role;
- Skill and knowledge of branding, digital marketing, and more traditional marketing;
- Familiarity with using data to identify trends and gather insights and, translating into business solutions;
- Practical experience with product and pricing segmentation strategies;
- Excellent execution and influencing skills with the ability to relate to people at all levels.
- Direct experience in the US market
- Educational technology experience
We also expect professional and technical skills including great time management, a mindful approach to work, comfortable giving and receiving feedback and an open-minded, approachable attitude.
This is a full-time role where you’ll be working with a diverse team in a great office based in Sydney’s CBD, however it will require some travel to the company’s other international offices and key market (USA).
Working with us:
Being part of the Learnosity team is a commitment to push yourself and those around you to do better, constantly adapt and learn new technologies, and be able to apply yourself to any challenge, whether you’re just starting out or a veteran of the industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We encourage staff to get involved in individual advancement and professional certification programmes, and will sponsor certification exams where appropriate. Our team is on the cutting edge of web development and we want it to stay there.
We’re flexible about how you work – whether you need to do the school or nursery run, like to avoid busy commute periods, have a gym or sports club schedule – we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
Come help us expand our ever-growing team and have the chance to see your work used by (literally) millions of users.
Please apply with a cover letter explaining why you’ll be great, and your resume
(PDF or Google docs only) here – no agencies.