Interaction Designer – Sydney Office
Learnosity’s mission is to make a difference to education, worldwide, through technology. We are geeks at heart and we like what we do. We’re looking for like-minded and talented people to join our growing teams.
At Learnosity we build powerful interactive assessment tools that make a positive difference to how students learn. We believe that education is the most important investment we can make in our future and aim to empower all educational companies with our interactive assessment toolkit. We have been growing steadily for 7 years and we are searching for curious, capable teammates to join us.
We’re looking for a talented and passionate Interaction Designer to join our Sydney team and help make sure our products remain the industry standard bearer. You will also be a confident graphic designer and may support our marketing and communications team from time to time.
What is the role?
As an Interaction Designer at Learnosity, you will:
- Draft screen flows
- Create low-fidelity wireframes
- Build high-fidelity UI mockups
- Explore, prototype and test your ideas
- Visually communicate your intentions
- Write design specifications and validate solutions
- Tightly collaborate with engineering teams, their tooling and their workflow.
Your skills should include:
- Interaction design
- UI design
- Information architecture
- Information design and strong attention to detail.
We also expect professional and technical skills including proficient verbal and written communication, great time management, a mindful approach to work, comfortable giving and receiving feedback and an open minded, approachable attitude.
This is a full time role where you’ll be working with a diverse team in a great office based in Sydney’s CBD.
You will have:
- A background in design, technology or education industries.
- 4 or more years of professional experience in a digital design role.
- Experience with designing interfaces for desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
- Experience working collaboratively with engineering teams.
- Experience with shipping digital products
Bonus points for:
- Experience with digital branding
- Experience with technical documentation
- Experience with design systems
- Experience with front-end development
Further opportunities for a designer at Learnosity include contributing to the design team’s process, tooling and culture, collaborating on the user experience across a technology platform, and the chance to grow your skills through conferences, classes and programs that develop your professional and industry expertise.
Working with us:
Being part of the Learnosity team is a commitment to push yourself and those around you to do better, constantly adapt and learn new technologies, and be able to apply yourself to any challenge, whether you’re just starting out or a veteran of the industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We encourage staff to get involved in individual advancement and professional certification programmes, and will sponsor certification exams where appropriate. Our team is on the cutting edge of web development and we want it to stay there.
We’re flexible about how you work – whether you need to do the school or nursery run, like to avoid busy commute periods, have a gym or sports club schedule – we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
Come help us expand our ever-growing team and have the chance to see your work used by (literally) millions of users.
Please apply with a cover letter explaining why you’ll be great, and your resume
(PDF or Google docs only) https://learnosity.workable.com/jobs/461875/candidates/new – no agencies.