Fullstack Engineer – Sydney Office
Learnosity’s mission is to make a difference to education, worldwide, through technology. We are geeks at heart and we love what we do. We’re looking for like-minded and talented people to join our growing teams.
We build powerful, interactive assessment tools that make a positive difference to how students learn. We believe that education is the most important investment we can make in our future and aim to empower all educational companies with our interactive assessment toolkit. We have been growing steadily for 7 years and we are searching for the next engineers to join the ride.
Learnosity delivers tens of millions of tests every month and are constantly signing new clients. We are looking for a full stack engineer for an exciting new applications team. We’re building internal and client facing applications to support that growing number of clients. These applications are focusing on analytics to improve our clients engagement with us, as well implementing an increasing amount of self-service and autonomy for those clients.
If successful you will:
- Work with, learn from, and contribute to an incredibly strong development team
- Build efficient and reusable front end abstractions and systems
- Work with AWS Services (lambda’s, SQS Queues, S3, Amazon Redshift, EC2 Instances etc)
- Work with data at scale to bring value to clients
- Create robust cloud-based systems used by students globally at scale
- Experiment with cutting edge technologies and contribute to the company’s product roadmap
- Strong knowledge of PHP (or other backend web application platform)
- Great knowledge of design patterns and front end architecture best practices
- 5+ years experience as a developer
- Experience with Git, Mercurial or SVN
- Fluent written & spoken English
It would be great if you have:
- B.Sc or M.Sc degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar
- Experience working with a modern Big Data stack
- Contributed to open source projects
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Working with us
Being part of the Learnosity team is a commitment to push yourself and those around you to do better, constantly adapt and learn new technologies, and be able to apply yourself to any challenge, whether you’re just starting out or a veteran of the industry.
We encourage staff to get involved in individual advancement and professional certification programs and will sponsor certification exams where appropriate. Our team is on the cutting edge of web development and we want it to stay there.
We are keen to try and maximise the value of your time and will design a schedule around your preferred working style, whether you need to accommodate a school or nursery run, avoid busy commute periods, a gym or sports club schedule, we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
This is a full time role where you’ll be working with a diverse team in a great office based in Sydney’s CBD.
Apply here – no agencies please.