Technical Business Analyst / Product Owner – Sydney
Learnosity’s mission is to make a difference to education, worldwide, through technology. We are geeks at heart and we love what we do. We’re looking for like-minded and talented people to join our growing teams.
At Learnosity we build powerful interactive assessment tools that make a positive difference to how students learn. We believe that education is the most important investment we can make in our future and aim to empower all educational companies with our interactive assessment toolkit. We have been growing steadily for 7 years and we are searching for the next superstars to join the ride.
We’re looking for a talented and passionate Technical Business Analyst / Product Owner to join our Sydney team and help make sure that our products remain the industry standard bearer.
What is the role?
A great opportunity exists for a highly organised Analyst/Product Owner with strong front end web technologies background. You’ll be closely involved with your team’s product lifecycle working with our product engineering team based in Sydney. The role is best suited to a self-motivated individual who will liaise with teams & management to improve our products. We are looking for someone who can bridge the technical – business divide with product & analysis skills. You will play a role in developing long-term relationships with clients and internal stakeholders by developing product identities and improving our documentation for product touch points.
If successful you will:
- Create and prioritise the Product Backlog in JIRA
- Analysis and spec web based solutions for features and issues
- Manage enhancement requests, ensuring they align to Product Roadmap
- Manage stakeholder expectations with regard to new features
- Work within a SCRUM team to determine sprint contents and priorities
- Prepare and review user stories, providing acceptance criteria
- Participate in agile process such as stand-ups, sprint review and sprint planning
- Develop and manage metrics for product fulfilment and success
You will need:
- 3+ years experience in project management
- 3+ years experience working in a technical role
- technical writing experience
It would be great if you have:
- 3+ years experience in web applications development
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
Working with us
Being part of the Learnosity team is a commitment to push yourself and those around you to do better, constantly adapt and learn new technologies, and be able to apply yourself to any challenge, whether you’re just starting out or a veteran of the industry.
We encourage staff to get involved in individual advancement and professional certification programmes, and will sponsor certification exams where appropriate. Our team is on the cutting edge of web development and we want it to stay there.
We are keen to try and maximise the value of your time and will design a schedule around your preferred working style, whether you need to accommodate a school or nursery run, avoid busy commute periods, a gym or sports club schedule, we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
This is a full-time role where you’ll be working with a diverse team in a great office based in Sydney’s CBD.
Please email a cover letter explaining why you’ll be great and your resume to email@example.com- subject: “Your Name – Technical Business Analyst / Product Owner” – no agencies please.