ScrumMaster – Sydney
Learnosity’s mission is to make a difference to education, worldwide, through technology. We are geeks at heart and we love what we do. We’re looking for like-minded and talented people to join our growing teams.
At Learnosity, we build powerful interactive assessment tools that make a positive difference to how students learn. We believe that education is the most important investment we can make in our future and aim to empower all educational companies with our interactive assessment toolkit. We have been growing steadily for 7 years and we are searching for the next superstars to join the ride.
We’re looking for a talented and passionate Scrum Master/Iteration Manager to join our Sydney team and help make sure that our products remain the industry standard bearer.
What is the role?
A great opportunity exists for an experienced Scrum Master with a web technologies background. You’ll be closely involved with your team’s product lifecycle working with our product engineering teams based in Sydney. The role is best suited to a self-motivated individual who will act as an agile champion and contribute to expanding the understanding and practice of agile principles and values. We are looking for someone who can assess the current Scrum maturity of the team and organization and coach the team on a journey of continuous improvement. This role offers the chance for you to take ownership for the work that you do in a low hierarchy environment, where you can make a real difference to the businesses you work with and have the opportunity to develop new skills every day.
You will need to
- Facilitate delivery of work through servant leadership
- Ensure best practices for agile are adopted and effective within the scrum team through guiding and facilitating Scrum rituals such as Daily Stand-up, Sprint Review, Retrospective as well as Sprint Planning for scrum teams
- Facilitate the definition of sprint scope, goals and deliverables and manage this on an ongoing basis
- Remove or guide the team to remove impediments and blockers
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Support and educate the Product Owners with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Attending scrum-of-scrum meetings to coordinate dependencies or blockers between scrum teams
- Communicating sprint status to other teams and stakeholders across the business
- Ensure scrum delivery meets internal and client quality expectations
- Provide business stakeholders with meaningful information to support their need for predictability (e.g. agile charts, progress metrics, etc.)
It would be great if you have
- Minimum 3+ years experience as a Scrum Master with 5+ in an IT role
- Experience in using agile tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience with new development as well as enhancements to existing systems
- Ability to collaborate with a global team, across multiple time zones
- A strong understanding of Web technologies
- Scrum certification desirable but not mandatory
- Knowledge of other agile approaches such Kanban desirable
Working with us
Being part of the Learnosity team is a commitment to push yourself and those around you to do better, constantly adapt and learn new technologies, and be able to apply yourself to any challenge, whether you’re just starting out or a veteran of the industry.
We encourage staff to get involved in individual advancement and professional certification programmes, and will sponsor certification exams where appropriate. Our team is on the cutting edge of web development and we want it to stay there.
We are keen to try and maximise the value of your time and will design a schedule around your preferred working style, whether you need to accommodate a school or nursery run, avoid busy commute periods, a gym or sports club schedule, we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
This is a full-time role where you’ll be working with a diverse team in a great office based in Sydney’s CBD.
Please email a cover letter explaining why you’ll be great and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org- subject: “Your Name – Scrum Master / Iteration Manager” – no agencies, please.