Front End Engineer – Sydney Office
Learnosity’s mission is to make a difference to education, worldwide, through technology. We are geeks at heart and we love what we do. We’re looking for like-minded and talented people to join our growing teams.
At Learnosity we build powerful interactive assessment tools that make a positive difference to how students learn. We believe that education is the most important investment we can make in our future and aim to empower all educational companies with our interactive assessment toolkit. We have been growing steadily for 7 years and we are searching for the next superstars to join the ride.
Frontend engineering is a core discipline in Learnosity. We take great pride in our work. Our products have significant scale as we are now delivering tens of millions of tests a month. We believe in team ownership of projects. You will work in a product focused team made of other Front End Engineers, a QA, designer and BA.
If successful you will:
- work with, learn from, and contribute to an incredibly strong developer team
- create robust cloud based systems used by students globally
- implement the features and user interfaces of Learnosity products like new interactive question types
- participate in design and code reviews
- get to experiment with cutting edge technologies and contribute to the company product roadmap
- interact with our backend systems
You will be:
- a team player who likes to get involved with new challenges
- passionate about technology & keen to continue learning
You will need:
- a great attitude and willingness to tackle any problem
- 2+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components, including appropriate testing
- fluent written & spoken English
It would be great if you have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- been contributing to open source projects
- experience with PHP, Python or Go
- version control system experience (Git and SVN)
Working with us
Being part of the Learnosity team is a commitment to push yourself and those around you to do better, constantly adapt and learn new technologies, and be able to apply yourself to any challenge, whether you’re just starting out or a veteran of the industry.
We encourage staff to get involved in individual advancement and professional certification programmes, and will sponsor certification exams where appropriate. Our team is on the cutting edge of web development and we want it to stay there.
We are keen to try and maximise the value of your time and will design a schedule around your preferred working style, whether you need to accommodate a school or nursery run, avoid busy commute periods, a gym or sports club schedule, we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
This is a full time role where you’ll be working with a diverse team in a great office based in Sydney’s CBD.
Please email a cover letter explaining why you’ll be great and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org- subject: “Your Name – Front End Engineer” – no agencies please.