Web Applications Developer – Sydney Office
Learnosity’s mission is to make a difference to education, worldwide, through technology. We are geeks at heart and we love what we do. We’re looking for like-minded and talented people to join our growing teams.
At Learnosity we build powerful interactive assessment tools that make a positive difference to how students learn. We believe that education is the most important investment we can make in our future and aim to empower all educational companies with our interactive assessment toolkit. We have been growing steadily for 7 years and we are searching for the next superstars to join the ride.
We’re looking for a talented and passionate Developer to join our Sydney team.
What is the role?
- work with, learn from, and contribute to a great development team
- create robust cloud based systems used by millions of students globally
- get to experiment with cutting edge technologies and contribute to the company’s product roadmap
- a great attitude, and willingness to tackle any problem
- fluent written & spoken English
- 2-5 years of programming experience
- competent in at least one Server side language (eg PHP, Ruby, Python, Java, .Net etc.)
- SQL querying skills
- understanding of Object Oriented design principles
- in-depth knowledge of HTML and CSS
- a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar.
- been contributing to open source projects
- version Control System experience (Git and SVN)
Working with us
Being part of the Learnosity team is a commitment to push yourself and those around you to do better, constantly adapt and learn new technologies, and be able to apply yourself to any challenge, whether you’re just starting out or a veteran of the industry.
We encourage staff to get involved in individual advancement and professional certification programmes, and will sponsor certification exams where appropriate. Our team is on the cutting edge of web development and we want it to stay there.
We are keen to try and maximise the value of your time and will design a schedule around your preferred working style, whether you need to accommodate a school or nursery run, avoid busy commute periods, a gym or sports club schedule, we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
This is a full time role where you’ll be working with a diverse team in a great office based in Sydney’s CBD.
Please email a cover letter explaining why you’ll be great and your resume to email@example.com- subject: “Your Name – Web Applications Developer” – no agencies please.