Systems Engineer – Sydney Office
Learnosity’s mission is to make a difference to education, worldwide, through technology. We are geeks at heart and we love what we do. We’re looking for like-minded and talented people to join our growing teams.
At Learnosity we build powerful interactive assessment tools that make a positive difference to how students learn. We believe that education is the most important investment we can make in our future and aim to empower all educational companies with our interactive assessment toolkit. We have been growing steadily for 7 years and we are searching for the next superstars to join the ride.
Learnosity is looking to expand our existing systems engineering team to keep pace with our rapidly growing customer base. In this role you will combine both engineering skill and operational know how to build and improve our infrastructure. Our current challenges include expanding our use of automation, building tools to empower our support teams, increasing our Autoscaling efforts and migrating to AWS RDS.
- Continuous improvement of our existing AWS infrastructure
- Increasing infrastructure reliability and redundancy
- Perform root cause analysis on any production issues, then deliver solutions that resolve the underlying issues
- Working with development teams in an agile environment
- Develop and improve in house automation tools (Python, Bash)
- Research and innovate with new and evolving technologies to deliver robust and efficient projects
- 3+ years experience working with secure, high availability Linux systems.
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant industry experience.
- Experience with either Python or PHP prefered.
- Strong understanding of networking and systems architecture.
- Deep knowledge of Ubuntu/Debian, MySQL/PostgreSQL and Linux administration.
- Working knowledge of configuration management and/or orchestration systems (eg. Salt, Puppet, Chef, Ansible).
- Experience with VMs and cloud technologies (preferably Amazon Web Services).
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team.
- Curious and keen to continue learning new technologies.
Working with us
Being part of the Learnosity team is a commitment to push yourself and those around you to do better, constantly adapt and learn new technologies, and be able to apply yourself to any challenge, whether you’re just starting out or a veteran of the industry.
We encourage staff to get involved in individual advancement and professional certification programmes, and will sponsor certification exams where appropriate. Our team is on the cutting edge of web development and we want it to stay there.
We are keen to try and maximise the value of your time and will design a schedule around your preferred working style, whether you need to accommodate a school or nursery run, avoid busy commute periods, a gym or sports club schedule, we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
This is a full time role where you’ll be working with a diverse team in a great office based in Sydney’s CBD.
Please email a cover letter explaining why you’ll be great and your resume to email@example.com- subject: “Your Name – Systems Engineer” – no agencies please.