Quality Assurance Engineer – Sydney Office
We’re looking for a talented and passionate Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Sydney team and help make sure that we continue to raise the bar internally and for our industry as a whole.
What is the role?
Given the diversity of our clients across the world and power of our SaaS micro services offering, we need an additional Quality Assurance Engineer to join our Product Engineering team. You’ll be closely involved with the development teams and reviewing both process and functionality going out the door.
- Join our existing QA Engineers in managing the QA strategy for approximately 20 web related systems
- Be an exceptional communicator and the focal point, within a development team, for all testing related activities
- Perform manual UAT, Functional and Regression testing
- Extend and implement test processes which will drive the quality of our product throughout the development team
- Collaborate with developers and the release manager to define and resolve issues in advance of weekly or fortnightly releases
- Identify, log and take ownership of issues and bugs detected
- 3+ years of experience in a Quality Assurance/Software Testing role
- Experience in implementing and improving/maintaining an automated testing framework beyond using Selenium IDE; e.g. Selenium Webdriver. Please detail your experience here in your application
- Have experience implementing and improving test processes and workflow
- Strong understanding of web technologies including HTML/CSS/JS/JSON/PHP
- Familiar working with a web application using browser tools such as the inspector/console.
- Comfortable creating, modifying and maintaining test pages
- Exposure to test tools, such as JIRA, Quality Centre, Bugzilla desirable.
- Passionate about technology & keen to continue learning
- Attention to detail and excellent communication
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or industry experience
- Fluent written & spoken English
Working with us
Being part of the Learnosity team is a commitment to push yourself and those around you to do better, constantly adapt and learn new technologies, and be able to apply yourself to any challenge, whether you’re just starting out or a veteran of the industry.
We encourage staff to get involved in individual advancement and professional certification programmes, and will sponsor certification exams where appropriate. Our team is on the cutting edge of web development and we want it to stay there.
We are keen to try and maximise the value of your time and will design a schedule around your preferred working style, whether you need to accommodate a school or nursery run, avoid busy commute periods, a gym or sports club schedule, we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
This is a full time role where you’ll be working with a diverse team in a great office based in Sydney’s CBD.
Please email a cover letter explaining why you’ll be great and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org – subject: “Your Name – Quality Assurance Engineer “. No agencies please.