Vice President, Business Development x2 – New York Office
Learnosity are looking for a talented and ambitious individual with a proven track record in selling
Enterprise level software services to join our new office in NYC.
As the Vice President of Sales you will report directly to President, Americas and will be a key member of our sales team. You will be responsible for managing the sales and business development operations, including market competitiveness, pricing, compensation, and distribution and channel strategy for your market sector.
Join a high-growth company that rewards individual sales performance with pay and where your professional opportunities are limitless. This is a very lucrative opportunity for a highly driven, successful business development professional who can open doors, build trusted relationships with prospects, and transform them into loyal clients!
Who are we?
Learnosity are a multi-award winning technology company who are shaping the future of
digital education. Our mission is to deliver on the promise of technology in education by providing assessment technology to educational providers who are passionate about providing students with a world class education.
Led by the strength of our technology offering, Learnosity has gained significant momentum across the US educational industry. We currently have offices in Sydney and Dublin and thanks to our very rapid growth – we’ve seen revenues more than double year on year – we opened a New York office in the Summer of 2014.
- Sell proven innovative technology that has little direct competition, produces measurable customer results and is continually being expanded with innovative, new products & services.
- Be part of a young, agile company which is rapidly expanding and which has big plans for the future.
- Make strategic sales contributions that will have a significant impact on the company’s trajectory and in turn positions you for increasing roles of leadership and responsibility.
- Competitive base salary + uncapped sales commission plan.
What’s the role?
Your primary role will be to actively increase sales within your market sector – both USA and worldwide. Core responsibilities include:
- Market sectors will include: K-12, post-secondary, professional learning, corporate training, learning management systems, and general examination and testing companies.
- Prospecting new companies and building long-term business relationships.
- Consulting with clients on marketing, research and innovation initiatives to identify needs and recommending Learnosity solutions that will best meet their needs.
- Representing the company at key educational conferences.
- Driving the development of national & sector specific sales strategies.
- Developing pricing policies, including volume discounts and terms and conditions, for high-profile customers and channel partners.
- Proactively familiarizing yourself with new Learnosity services (technology, application, process, and development methodology).
- Working with senior management to shape the overall US strategy as we expand both our US presence and our sales, marketing and support teams.
- Working in collaboration with diverse teams (both sales and technical) located in multiple locations.
You will need:
- An outstanding and proven track record of selling Enterprise level products & services to sophisticated clients
- Superb consultative selling abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational level
- An inherent and natural flair for software (you don’t have to be a programmer, just comfortable with technology)
- To be detail-oriented and comfortable working independently
It would be great if you have:
- A genuine interest in education and passion for learning
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA is a bonus)
- Experience selling to the educational sector
The Practical Stuff
- Manhattan location reporting to President on a tight team working closely with CEO.
- Uncapped sales commission plan.
- Annual paid vacation (4 weeks).
- Extensive travel.
If this job sounds like the job for you, email a covering letter – explaining why you’ll be great – and your resume to email@example.com. Please use “Your Name_Vice President BizDev” as the subject line.