Sales & Support Engineer – New York Office
We are looking for a couple of sharp, technical individuals to join our new business development & support office in NYC.
Who are we looking for?
Up until recently the tech team has been mainly based in Sydney with the business team in Dublin. With an international clientele it is important that we start to build a technical presence in New York too.
We are looking for someone who can bridge the technical – business divide. Someone who is equally comfortable talking to clients and prospective clients as well as digging into code to find the root of a problem. You will need to acquire a thorough technical understanding of our product suite in order to successfully field questions from third party developer teams.
What is the role?
The role is comprised of two main parts: Product Engineer &Technical Client Liaison
1) Product Engineer
You will represent the Learnosity technical team on business calls and will answer the more difficult technical questions, provide product advice and work with both the third party dev. team and the Learnosity developer team to architect mutually agreeable solutions. Typically you and one of the senior members of the business development team will represent Learnosity at business meetings.
You will also be responsible for preparing functional specs and responding to tenders/RFPs.
2) Technical Client Liaison
You will play a key role in developing long-term relationships with clients through supporting client developer teams with their implementation and by checking out bugs and recommending/implementing fixes as appropriate. You will take ownership of our documentation site. This is the primary port of call for client support and needs to be updated and amended with every release.
You will need to be:
- comfortable digging into code, passionate about technology & keen to continue learning;
- confident providing technical advice and recommendations to clients;
- comfortable being one of the main technical point of contacts for existing clients into Learnosity, and being the only Learnosity face in the room.
- an excellent communicator; comfortable communicating with tech and non-tech teams alike;
- willing to work appropriate hours, to liaise with the Sydney and Dublin teams and our international clientele;
- willing to travel (we anticipate the first month or so of the role will be in Sydney2).
It would be great if you have:
- 3+ years experience as a developer;
- 3+ years experience working in a technical client facing role;
- technical writing experience;
- a strong understanding of Web technologies.
The Practical Stuff
- Soho location. (Though we’re thinking of moving closer to Penn Station)
- Salary range: dependent on qualifications and experience. We’ll offer a competitive package for the right candidate.
Please email email@example.com – subject: “Your Name – Sales & Support Engineer”.