Director, Business Development x2 – New York Office
Learnosity are looking for several bright, capable individuals to join our business development effort in the USA.
As a Business Development Director you will report directly to the Vice President of Business Development.
Join a high-growth company that rewards individual sales performance with pay and where your professional opportunities are limitless. This is a very lucrative opportunity for a highly driven, successful business development professional who can open doors, build trusted relationships with prospects, and transform them into loyal clients!
Working with us
Learnosity are a multi-award winning technology company who are shaping the future of digital education. Our mission is to deliver on the promise of technology in education by providing assessment technology to educational providers who are passionate about providing students with a world class education.
Led by the strength of our technology offering, Learnosity has gained significant momentum across the US educational industry. We currently have offices in Sydney and Dublin and thanks to our very rapid growth – we’ve seen revenues more than double year on year – we opened a New York office in the Summer of 2014.
What’s the role?
Seeing as this is a brand new office, we’ll likely ask you to wear a few hats. However, your primary role will be to actively increase sales within the USA. Core responsibilities include:
- Coordinating industry research to uncover target accounts
- Cultivating new pipeline opportunities
- Reporting to Learnosity Board on pipeline activity
- Giving product demonstrations to potential clients
- Representing the company at key educational conferences
- Assisting with conquering and owning marketing leaders in K-12, post-secondary, professional learning, corporate training, learning management systems, and general examination and testing companies.
- Negotiating contracts and other business documents, including term sheets.
You will need:
- 4 + years’ relevant experience in an Enterprise Sales role
- Experience in structuring and negotiating enterprise transactions
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- To be detail-oriented and comfortable working independently
- An inherent and natural flair for software (you don’t have to be a programmer, just comfortable with technology.)
- To be willing to travel and to work appropriate hours, to liaise with our Sydney & Dublin teams.
It would be great if you have:
- A genuine interest in education and passion for learning
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience.
The Practical Stuff
- Manhattan location
- This is a new office, so you’ll be working in a small team of 2-3 at the start
- Reporting to the President in tight team working closely with CEO
- Competitive base salary based on experience. Commission paid on sales.
If this job sounds like the job for you, email a covering letter – explaining why you’ll be great – and your resume to email@example.com. Please use “YourName_Director Biz Dev” as the subject line.