Business Analyst – New York Office
Learnosity’s mission is to make a difference to education, worldwide, through technology. At Learnosity we build powerful interactive assessment tools that make a positive difference to how students learn. We believe that education is the most important investment we can make in our future and aim to empower all educational companies with our interactive assessment toolkit.
We’re currently looking for a business analyst to join our NYC office. This is a great opportunity to be part of a young, agile company which is rapidly expanding and which has big plans for the future.
What’s the role?
Given the size of the company – there’s about 40 of us spread out across 3 offices: Dublin, Sydney, NYC, your role will be dynamic and varied, giving you the opportunity to develop existing skills and also to learn new ones.
Key responsibilities include:
- assisting the business development team to identify target accounts & growth opportunities
- extensive primary and secondary market research including finding information from industry associations, statisticians and marketing experts
- generating reports that analyze competition and customers
- developing sales strategies in tandem with President, Americas
- determining product perceptions and reputations
- working closely with the Dublin team, President and CEO on conference planning
- travel arrangements, scheduling & general admin as required
We want smart, versatile, utility players who are flexible and can quickly adapt to changing requirements and priorities.
You will need:
- a great attitude, and willingness to tackle any problem
- a high focus on attention to detail
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- to be willing to travel and to work appropriate hours, to liaise with our Sydney & Dublin teams
- to be a self-starter with strong initiative and problem solving skills
- a Bachelor’s degree in business or finance (or other cool area) is a must
- self-motivated and comfortable taking full ownership of projects
- happy to work independently yet also a team player eager to take on new challenges
- able to cope with pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- constantly looking for ways to improve existing processes & highlighting areas for review
- capable of listening before acting, and fearless around asking questions
Bonus points if you have:
- an interest in technology, education and learning
If this job sounds like the job for you, email a covering letter – explaining why you’ll be great – and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “YourName_Analyst” as the subject line.