Learnosity Job Vacancy – Web Application Developer (Junior to Mid Level)
Learnosity develop cutting edge tools for teachers and educators. Our flagship product Learnosity Voice uses the telephone to enable language students and teachers to interact on a one to one level.
- Makes it practical for students to practice Oral and Aural skills.
- Is efficient and effective for teachers, as they can listen to each student individually at a time to suit them.
- Can be used for homework assignments or “High Stakes Assessments”.
Learnosity are creating the next generation of language and assessment technology for use in schools and education worldwide. The current product portfolio includes:
- High availability web based systems.
- Cross platform software platforms (Windows, Mac and Linux).
- iPhone/Android native applications.
- VOIP and SMS applications.
We need someone who can:
- Develop highly scalable web applications using ColdFusion, PHP or similar.
- Cut code with the best in the world.
You will also need to be:
- keen to continue learning new technologies.
- able to have a conversation with non technical people.
- 1-3 years of programming experience.
- Experience in at least one Server side language (eg PHP, Java, ColdFusion, etc).
- Understanding of Object Oriented design.
- Understanding of XHTML and CSS.
It would be good if you have:
- a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar.
- been working with open source tools.
- been playing around with iPhone/Android applications.
- experience with some of Linux/VOIP/SIP/Asterisk/Jabber/XMPP.
This is a full time role and you will be working in a casual workplace with flexible hours in the Sydney CBD. Salary commensurate with experience.
If this sounds like the job for you, email a covering letter explaining why you'll be great and your resume to mark.lynch[at]learnosity.com – no agencies please.